- Update: As of August 22nd, 2021, Crestwood Pharmacy will resume giving the Moderna vaccine to those 18 and over who are currently eligible. A patient is eligible if they have not received any dose of the COVID-19 vaccine or have not had the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Also, based on CDC recommendations, patients who are severely immunocompromised are eligible to receive a booster dose at this time. Please note that it must be at least 28 days after your previous dose of vaccine.
Currently, CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
- Please note that at this time we will only be administering the Moderna vaccine. If you qualify with one of the above conditions, but have not received initial doses with the Moderna vaccine, please check PA DOH website for locations administering the vaccine that you have received.